Our favorite hilarious marriage quotes from our all-time-favorite movies!
Marriage is a serious institution, not to be entered into lightly…but that doesn’t mean we can’t make fun of it from time to time! And who does it better than the celebs in our favorite movies?
Check out these funny quotes on marriage from films:
1. “Husbands are like wine, they take a long time to mature.” — Letters to Juliet Juliet
2. “If you are ever with a girl that is too good for you – marry her.” — Valentines’s Day
3. “We were perfectly happy until we decided to live happily ever after.” — Sex and the City
4. “Marriage is the Jack Kevorkian of romance.” — The Story of Us
5. “Marriages don’t work when one partner is happy and the other is miserable. Marriage is about both people being equally miserable.” — Forget Paris
6. “We both said, ‘I do!’ and we haven’t agreed on a single thing since.” — So I Married an Axe Murderer
7. “A wedding is like a funeral, but with musicians.” — Mobsters
8. “Life after death is as improbable as sex after marriage.” — Clue
9. “I’d do anything to save my marriage but I just haven’t got the time.” — Sex and the Single Girl
10. “Marriage is like a tense, unfunny, version of “Everybody Loves Raymond”, only it doesn’t last twenty-two minutes. It last forever.” — Knocked up
11. “(To marry again) is the victory of optimism over experience.” — The Private Life of Henry VIII
12. “Did you know that the institution of marriage was created when the average person lived to the age of 30?” — The Last Kiss12.
13. “A man doesn’t know what happiness is until he’s married. By then it’s too late.” — The Joker is Wild
14. “Marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries.” — Wayne’s World